Have you ever done a Vaginal Steam? If you’re not familiar with vaginal steams, get ready to be amazed! Vaginal steaming isn’t some kind of new fad or strange trend. Vaginal steaming is actually the most ancient form of female self care to revitalize the reproductive system.
Vaginal steaming is one of the oldest women's healing traditions. It is known by quite a variety of names such as V-Steams, Vagi-Steams, Yoni Steams, Bajos (which means "down low") amongst the Spanish and Mayans, and in Korea, it's referred to as Chai Yok. Mayan healers and midwives have used vaginal steams for centuries. You may also hear it referred to as womb spa or womb sauna.
So, what's it like? It's like a facial steam, but for your "vajayjay." Yes, I still say, "vajayjay." (side note: my hubby calls his penis the "vajohn." LOL)
Anywho...vaginal steaming is a powerful aid for increasing a woman’s vitality in regulating her menstrual cycle, relieving stress and depression, improving her intimate relationship, and most importantly, helping to resolve reproductive disorders. It also supports emotional cleansing and healing. Regardless of health or age, vaginal steaming has benefits for all women and is an absolutely luxurious treatment that every woman should experience.
The herbs chosen for a vaginal steam stimulate circulation to the pelvis, cleanse, tone, nourish and/or heal the tissues. It tightens and firms the vaginal walls, uterus, ovaries, etc, and realigns these organs into their proper positions.
With vaginal steaming, you may resolve severe menstrual cramps, tipped uterus, fibroids, hormonal imbalance, Endometriosis, adhesions, blocked Fallopian tubes, PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome), pelvic pain, constipation, hemorrhoids, incontinence, prolapse of the bladder and/or uterus. None of those conditions are normal. Even menstrual cramps are not "normal," and all of these conditions may be resolved with vaginal steams. Steaming with the correct herbal blend can naturally help resolve or improve nearly any reproductive issue and make the menstrual cycle healthy and regular. The steamed herbs help to cleanse out built up old blood and nonessential tissues and cells, thus reducing cramps by easing the work of the cervix.
The strategically chosen herbs in the Fallopian Tube Formula® Fertility Vaginal Steam work in unison to specifically help resolve or improve most, if not all, reproductive issues, including hormonal imbalance, blocked Fallopian tubes, endometriosis, adenomyosis, fibroids, cysts, etc. *Please note that vaginal steaming is an ADJUNCT THERAPY, and should not be relied upon alone to help the body to resolve these more serious issues. For best results, please follow the full Fallopian Tube Formula System here.
You can read more about the Fallopian Tube Formula® Fertility Vaginal Steam here.
How to Set Up & Prepare Your Steam
- To steam, you will need ½ to 1 cup of dry herbs.
- Add your herbs to a pot of lukewarm or room temperature water.
- Bring to a boil, then a gentle simmer with the lid on for 10 to 20 minutes.
- Set up your steam area. Really enjoy yourself while you steam. Treat it like an indoor oasis, where you get to treat yourself like the Queen that you are! Even if for only 30-45 minutes. Savor this time! Tell your family this is your time. Listen to some positive affirmations or do some visualization (Fallopian Tube Formula® Fertility Visualization DVD maybe? It's perfect for ladies with blocked Fallopian tubes, but it's also great for improving your fertility, in general.) Or you can put on your favorite relaxing music. Grab your favorite book and some hot peppermint tea. Take this moment to really indulge. Even light some candles if you want to go all out.
- Once you have everything set up, pour your hot steaming herb water into a different pot or ceramic bowl to avoid burning the floor.
- Place your pot or other designated bowl under a chair or step stool with a slot, lawn chair, or in a cleaned toilet bowl or homemade steam seat.
- Remove your clothes and undergarments from the waist down. It's advised to leave your socks on so that your feet stay warm. You want all of your blood and circulation drawn to your pelvic region; not to your feet to try to warm them up. Keep your upper body warm as well, for this reason.
- Sit on your vaginal steaming seat over the bowl or pot of herbs, making sure that it is placed directly underneath your body, so the steam gets to the vaginal area. Make sure that the steam is flowing directly into your vagina as much as possible. You may want to put your feet up on a stool in front of you to emulate squatting.
- Cover your lower body with a blanket or sheet that extends all the way to the floor to ensure the steam is contained and can't escape. This part is essential!
- Be very careful not to burn yourself. The steam should feel very warm, not scolding. If necessary, make a small vent to allow excess steam to escape, it should feel pleasant. Or just wait a few minutes for it to cool down a bit.
- Sit over your steam for about 30-45 minutes, depending on the severity of your condition.
Once you're all set up, simply enjoy this healing and indulgent time you have set aside for yourself.
When you are finished, dry yourself off. Rest quietly after the steam in a warm room for at least 20 minutes, or go to sleep.
To discard of the herb water, simply release it back to the earth.
Your Steaming Seat
To do a vaginal steam, you somehow need to elevate yourself comfortably over a bowl. Time to get creative! Things that may work are the edge of a chair, a stool with a hole in it, two boxes side by side with a small space in between for the bowl, a toilet seat mounted over a non-plastic bucket, an old wooden chair with a hole in it, a camping toilet seat, etc.
Some women just use their toilet. They clean their toilet bowl and set their bowl of steaming herbs directly in the toilet bowl. Be sure that the bowl is small enough to fit in the toilet and the toilet seat can be put down. Be sure no bleach, cleaner, fragrance, or other chemicals are in the toilet bowl. If at all possible, use natural, nontoxic cleansers. Please be sure to clean it first! Bacteria from the toilet to your vagina is no bueno!
There are also some beautiful handmade wooden steaming seats available online for a premium cost, or you can make one. Just get a sturdy wooden box and have your neighborhood carpenter or woodworker jigsaw a small oval shaped hole in it.
Do NOT try a Vaginal Steam if you:
- are pregnant or there is a chance that you’re pregnant
- are menstruating
- have any sort of infection
- have an intrauterine device (IUD)
- have any open cuts, wounds, stitches and or sores
- Always be sure the steam temperature is mild so as to avoid scalding.
- If you have genital piercings remove them prior to steaming because they may heat and possibly cause burning.
- Do NOT use essential oils for steaming.
- Be aware that your first cycle after steaming may be heavier and darker. This is a good sign that your body is purging all of that “excess” out before it can feel light and healthy!
Intense Healing Protocol for More Serious Fertility Challenges
It’s important to remember that vaginal steaming should not be used alone if you have any of the more serious fertility challenges, such as endometriosis, fibroids, PCOS, blocked Fallopian tubes, etc. It should be used as the powerful adjunct therapy that it is.
For best results, I highly recommend also following the full Fallopian Tube Formula® System. This protocol helps resolve not only blocked Fallopian Tubes, but also endometriosis, adhesions, and fibroids. With natural healing, you have to work with a well-rounded holistic, whole-body approach. We have to treat the whole person, with multiple modalities of healing. This is the best way to encourage the body to produce a complete resolution.
So, what do you say? Let's do this! Let's get steaming, ladies!
Here's a bit of steaming fun! Dr. Terry Dubrow and his wife Heather try vaginal/anal steaming. Too funny!! Enjoy! (Yes, he really said, "take a hemorrhoid photo, flash on")